The University of Chicago News Office
Sept. 7, 2005

Assistance for Faculty, Staff & Students

Counseling resources on campus

The Student Counseling and Resource Service (702-9800) offers support to students who are working through any significant or troubling personal matter. SCRS provides confidential individual and group counseling and offers referrals to community resources. SCRS is staffed by licensed clinicians, and a therapist is always on call. SCRS also has a number of pamplets online.

Students seeking assistance are encouraged to contact their local dean.

The Dean-on-Call is the University official responsible for coordinating the University's response to student emergencies. The Deans-on-Call are available 24 hours a day, every day of the year and are kept informed about services available to students through the various offices on campus. Students who wish to talk to a Dean-on-Call may reach him or her through the University Police (call 123 or 702-8181 or use a White Emergency Phone, or for a non-emergency call 702-8190) or the Student Emergency Assistance Line (834-HELP). Students may also seek aid through their area Dean of Students or the University Dean of Students Office (call 702-7770).

Employees may contact the Staff and Faculty Assistance Program (SFAP) at (800) 456-6327 or (708) 932-8008. This will connect employees with Perspectives, the company that provides the University's SFAP services.
Last modified at 01:03 PM CST on Tuesday, September 27, 2005.

University of Chicago News Office
5801 South Ellis Avenue - Room 200
Chicago, Illinois 60637-1473
(773) 702-8360
Fax: (773) 702-8324
Contact Us